Carrefour Belgium is part of Carrefour Group, the world largest food distributor, which employs 380 000 people. The group is present in 35 countries with more than 12 000 stores all over the world.
Carrefour occupies a unique position in Belgium by the variety of its formats (hypermarket, market, express and drive) but also thanks to the 11 500 men and women dedicated to accompany the customer on a daily basis.
Carrefour’s objective was to:
- Allow the customer showing himself to the terminal to retrieve the order previously done on the web,
- Inform the order picker via iPhone that the customer is arriving to collect the goods.
- Transmit the details and coordinates of the order.
- Monitor the entire notification system with the help of a dashboard.
Benefits of the client
- Carrefour can now deploy rapidly and at low cost a communication solution based on the use of terminals in the new points of sales “DRIVE”.
- The company is also able to get a global view of the entire park of installed terminals.