Data Science in motion
However, it is irrelevant, But data science is not optional to stay competitive, the data lab is a dedicated development environment, within your current technology infrastructure or on the infrastructure of a third party. A data lab seeks answers to questions by generating new insights and understand the service impact from data that is already collected.
The data in a DataLab can come from different sources that can be:
- Bank customer & loan application database, with VAT number and credit risk related information, in particular historical defaults, and bankruptcies or provided amounts.
- Insurance customer database with any information that can be shared, whatever the aggregation level is: products possession, payment historic, incidents…
- External data, for instance Balance Sheets (available via BNB or data provider) or bankruptcies & ONSS payment information
The Data Lab aims at:
- Delivering a “Quick Win” POC to demonstrate the value of data from both an IT and business perspective for deeper customer insight and risk related decisions.
- Taking informed decision about investment in additional data feed & insight industrialization, in a Bank environment.
- If needed, developing future-proof architecture recommendations, combining all type of data (unstructured, structured, external,…).
- Helping Banks to take advantage of the business growth opportunities from better use of data.